Just for those that have been complaining about the constant politics out there. From my recipe book.
RiverHouse Creamy Avocado Habanero Egg Salad
Avocado , Habanero Peppers , Eggs, Picnic, Salad, Sandwich
Prep 5 M ∙ Cook 5 M ∙ Makes 1 ∙ Difficulty Easy ∙ Source RiverHouse
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ An Avocado
- ¼ Sweet Yellow Pepper, finely diced
- ½-1 teaspoon Green Habanero Hot Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Lettuce for Serving
1. Mash the hard boiled eggs with the yogurt and salt & pepper to taste in a small bowl.
2. Mash the avocado separately and then add to the eggs.
3. Add the habanero pepper and green habanero hot sauce and mix together.
4. Spoon egg salad into washed green lettuce leaves, garnish with parsley, lime wedges, thin pickled vidalia onion slices and more hot sauce if desired.
Serve with a snifter of añejo tequila. Cazadores if you can. The vanilla notes in the tequila really work with the fruity flavor of the habanero