- 5 lbs. Chicken Feet (well cleaned)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tellicherry Peppercorns
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Kosher Sea Salt
- Rinse Chicken Feet very well and place in a large, heavy stockpot.
- Add water to cover by 2 inches.
- Add Salt and Peppercorns.
- Separate Garlic into cloves and crush with the flat of a chef’s knife and add to pot.
- Cut Onion in half and add to pot.
- Bring to a rolling and boil for 30 minutes. Add water as needed.
- Remove top and turn to low simmer for 10 hours. Skim any scum that forms.
- Remove from heat and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Strain into another stockpot using a fine mesh strainer.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread contents of strainer in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with Olive Oil and Sea Salt.
- Place on middle rack of oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove and toss. Make sure it’s still in a single layer and return to oven for 30 more minutes.
- Remove and add contents to the strained broth.
- Uncover and simmer on low for 5 hours.
- Strain and return broth to refrigerator overnight. Discard bones and skin.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Use in soups, stews, chili, marinades, braising, etc. Or just drink it out of a mug.